World Friendship Center is a "home away from home" for travelers to Hiroshima
and a place where local Hiroshima residents volunteer their hospitality in a variety of peace activities.
Become a member if you are interested in efforts to reach out in peace!
As a member of WFC:
You will receive information from WFC.
You will receive an accommodation discount.
You will be able to join PAX (Peace Ambassador Exchange Program).
Annual memberships are as follows:
Personal Member 5,000 Yen US$50
Student Member 1,000 Yen US$10
Corporate Member 5,000 Yen US$50
Contact person in the US:
Xinia Tobias, Chairperson
American Committee WFC
491 Hughes Dr.
Tallmadge OH 44278-1612
Only the support of many people through donations and memberships enable us to continue our work.
Donations are always appreciated.
- With the exception of paid bilingual staff, all of the work done at WFC is on a volunteer basis.
- The Co-Directors, the board, the Hibakusha, and the Peace Park Guides all volunteer hundreds of hours of service to the Center out of a deep commitment to help the world understand that the only path to survival for the human race is one of peace and reconciliation.
- WFC receives no government or corporate support except from occasional grants.
What you can do
- Join our activities and invite a friend.
- Suggest a topic you would like to discuss or present.
- Use our excellent library.
- Accept opportunities for volunteering at the center.
- Become a member of WFC.
- Donate to WFC.